Sunday, January 11, 2009

AFRIKANUS



I particularly love this photo because it makes me smile everytime I see it. I call it " you need to take a deep breath and shut the fuck up." (lol inside joke) I am hoping to share more photos I take with people on here cause I take many and sort of pretend I'm a photographer in this alternate universe called my mind. I am pretty sure if I could afford the cameras of most professionals, I'd be able to take some ill shots. but for now, i'm working with what i got. As for Afrikanus, this man is far more than most people can handle but i got mad love for him. he's an ol school fella of Harlem, USA. For those of you that have met him and know him, yall surely understand the beauty of this picture even more. He means well most days, but sure wouldn't mind stepping on your toes with his theories and contradicting philosophies of blackness and masculinity. you can catch him any given sunday at Abiodun Oyewole's house of the Last Poet's getting it in with folks about their views, opinions, and poems...some people just get to that age where regardless of what ridiculous thing they say out of their mouth, you gotta pay dues and give your respect, Afrikanus is one of those people...you can catch me debating with him on the regular until then, it is always love....

No comments:

Post a Comment